The COVID-Dynamic Study is built around centralized participant enrollment, data-collection, and data-cleaning pipeline. Quality metrics generated through the data-cleaning pipeline are included in distribution of data.
We provide information about the specific measures collected at each wave (time-point) from April through January, in addition to a detailed COVID-Dynamic Data Dictionary (updated April 13, 2023) and zip folder containing the measures as administered via Qualtrics.
Preprint of COVID-Dynamic: A large-scale multifaceted longitudinal study of socioemotional and behavioral change across the pandemic on published in Scientific Data, with Supplemental Materials on OSF.
Preregistration of COVID-DYNAMIC. Characterizing the dynamics of emotional and social attitudes during the COVID-19 pandemic on OSF.
ASSOCIATED STUDIES The following amendments have been added to the primary preregistration, documenting each specific project that is being conducted by the COVID-Dynamic Team.
- Protective mask usage in anti-mask states and by race (publication available)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder symptom trajectories in a 16-month COVID-19 pandemic period (publication available)
- Longitudinal trajectories and predictors of substance use during the COVID-19 pandemic and racial protests (preprint)
- Evaluation of psychometric properties and external validity of the Epidemic Pandemic Impact Inventory
- Relation between expressed social norms of COVID-19, social factors & actual preventative behaviors
- A characterization of emotions experienced during the COVID pandemic
- The dimensional structure of real-life emotion experiences
- The experiences of emotions under prolonged stress and isolation
- Evaluation of metrics for identifying and distinguishing psychological states from traits using COVID-Dynamic dataset
- Impact of psychological factors and political affiliation on trust and compliance
- An investigation of how global and personal experience shapes the content and structure of memory for the year 2020
- Investigating the impact of COVID-19 and the events of 2020 on race attitudes in the United States
- Resilience, Self, and Mental Health: protective factors and risk factors in acute, then chronic stress
- The self under stress
- Psychiatric diagnoses during COVID pandemic
- Longitudinal impacts of discrimination on depressive symptomatology in racial/ethnic minorities during the COVID and racial injustice pandemics
- Uncovering heterogeneity within conspiracy theorists of COVID-19: A latent profile approach
- Characterizing participants' "global" and "personal" COVID Experiences
- The causal effect of lockdowns on mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic